LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA in Action Engine

I'm trying to control an FPGA vi from inside an action engine by holding the reference in an USR.  This is not working at all.  Everyting works fine when it is controlled directly on the main vi.  In fact, it appears to have corrupted the main vi, which now crashes LV when run with a "MechFactoryCWrap.cpp" error whenever it is run, even after the FPGA action engine code is deleted.  I'm using FPGA V8 and LV 8.0.1.

TIA,
Bill F
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,590 Views)

Hi Bill,

I just want to make sure that I am understanding this correctly. You have an FPGA VI that you are trying to control inside an Action Engine. If you don't control it inside the Action Engine, then the main VI works fine. However, if you do try to control it inside the Action Engine, then it causes LabVIEW to crash, producing the cpp error. Is this correct? Also, once that happens, the main VI does not seem to work correctly, right? Does this cpp error occur when you hit the run arrow or when you are editing the VI? Is there a possibility that you could post the VI on the forum or at least a screenshot of it? That might make things a bit clearer.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,552 Views)