From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA error -63195

My application seems to run fine until I enable datalogging to a file from the host. My logging loop reads from a DMA FIFO and logs to the file. I do not use an FPGA read/write control in my datalogging loop.

The logging loop runs all the time as it is also my UI update loop. It updates the UI at 5 Hz.  No problems.

I enable datalogging to a file and I get the error referenced above. I am only writing to the file once every 10 seconds and it is not a large amount of data.

John O'C
Staff Test Systems Engineer
Woodward, Inc.
Skokie, Illinois, USA

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming...
Wow...What a Ride!"
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(3,495 Views)

Hi John. Error -63195 generally means an invalid reference has been passed to an FPGA related node. Since this is a very old thread, it would be better if you created your own thread and attached your VI so that we can see exactly what's causing the invalid reference to get passed to the function.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(3,472 Views)

Thank you.

I understood the error. It just didn't make sense as to why I was seeing the error. Then I noticed that I wasn't passing my reference through to the shift register on two frames of my event handler. All is well now.

John O'C
Woodward, Inc.
Skokie, Illinois, USA

Wow...What a Ride!"
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(3,449 Views)

Hi johnoc,
Did you find solution for the problem? Looks like in my application this error occures randomly from time to time. I can not find any related actions taken. Curious since my application worked fine for almost a year.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(3,277 Views)

Hi Zyga,

I wasn't passing my reference through to the shift register on two frames of my event handler. It would work fine unless I got one of the two events. If either of the events occurred the reference would be set to the default value of the shift register. Thus the reference would no longer be good when required.

John O'C
Woodward, Inc.
Skokie, Illinois, USA

Wow...What a Ride!"
Message 15 of 16
(3,269 Views)

Recompile the FPGA code. Worked for me.

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(2,868 Views)