cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA compilation error sbRIO 9632

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I'm trying to write a simple piece of code to send a PWM signal to a pin on my sbRIO 9632 (starter kit 2.0) to control a servo. I used the example "controlling a servo using PWM" and my code is pretty much the same. When I try to build/compile the FPGA VI, it stops after 4-6 minutes saying an error occured. The compilation seems to crash at the "map" process.

The example is for an sbRIO 9631 so I created a new robotics project for my robot and changed the IO pin to the one I'm using (Port5/DIO9). I search through forums but can't find any solution to this 😕 

I attached my code and the XilinxLog file with it. 

Thanks for any help!!

MortZ

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,038 Views)

Hello MortZ,

Do you receive any kind of error information other than that it crashes on the mapping step?

Could you please try to compile something else on your FPGA? For example, if you remove the "Generate Digital Pulse.vi" from the while-loop.

Or compile a different project. Are the results the same?

Also, are you compiling locally? If you have access to the Compile Cloud service, you could see if that gives different results.

Which versions of LabVIEW, Robotics Module and Xilinx Tools are you using?

Best regards,

Christopher

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,995 Views)

Hi Christopher,

First of all, thanks for looking into my issue and helping me.

Going through the Xiling log, I found a few sections of code which mentioned errors. I am unsure about what these all mean so I took screenshots to give a bit of context. 
There were also a lot of sections with "WARNING:Xst:638-...." or warning 1303, 1290, 647, 37 and a few more. 
There was no more information as to why or at what stage of the map process the compilation failed.

Sorry I wasn't able to try and compile another code. If I remove the "Generate Digital Pulse.vi" the code is incomplete so instead of using the VI I copied the code in the same VI (see attached pic). I don't think this is what you meant but I tried to compile it anyway and the same error come up.
I am new to LabVIEW and don't know what other code I could test. I searched on forums and through the examlpe code but wasn't sure how to use those. 

I am compiling locally as I do not have access to the Compile Cloud service. (I am using a university computer)

I am using LabVIEW 2015 32 bit, LabVIEW robotics  2015 and Xilinx 14.7

Regards

MortZ

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,973 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MortZxD

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply! Have you made any progress?

Unfortunately your zip file appears to be invalid on my PC. How was it zipped?

So what I meant by remove the Generate Digital Pulse.vi, is to see if it impacted the compilation. Please see if you can compile FPGA code with the following approach:

Create new project >> Add your target sbRIO >> Add the VI attached to this post to your FPGA target >> compile

I think it would benefit you to see whether the issue is the compilation itself or the code you are attempting to compile.

Also, have you any other PCs available? Could be a good idea to see if your code compiles on another PC.

Please make sure you have LabVIEW Real-Time and LabVIEW FPGA installed (these should come with the Robotics module, but I recommend checking that they have indeed been included).

If the compilation process fails at mapping no matter what you do, then I propose the following: Verify that the target passes a self test in MAX. Reinstall Xilinx Tools (only if it looks like the issue is not with the code, but with the compilation process itself).

Good luck:)

Best regards

Christopher

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,894 Views)

Hey,

So after trying a few things from your reply I fixed the issue!

The code you gave didn't compile either which worried me. But I got access to a cloud compile server and the build succeedeed. 

The VI doesn't work as well as I wanted to but now I can edit the code and figure it out.

Thanks for your help 😄 

MortzxD

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,883 Views)