LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA bitfile name change

I have been compiling FPGA code in Labview 2013 for the NI myRIO and can successfully get a working code. however when i try to use it on another computer the .lvbitx file name changes from the one that is in the build specification. i have tried selecting the newly named file through the build specification but when check the signature it says "the bitfile does not match".

is there some reason for this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,084 Views)

Hi stuwatt,

That is strange behaviour. What happens if you rename the bitfile to match the build specification?

Best Regards,

Chris

National Instruments - Tech Support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,052 Views)

Hi stuwatt,

As a follow up question, do you actually call the FPGA bitfile from a real-time VI on the RIO or is this a stand alone FPGA bitfile?

Best Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,047 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I tried changing the build spec but it didnt work.

I am calling the bitfile from a real-time  VI on the myRIO. i have the reference set up to use the bitfile rather than refering through an FPGA VI. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,038 Views)

Hi stuwatt,

What happens if you actually change the name of the bitfile, rather than the build spec itself?

Best Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,032 Views)

The following link might be of interest to you w.r.t. the name change:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B76C5ED987F464EC862579750059A761

I've followed that advice hundreds of times with cRIO and sbRIO code without seeing any signature errors.

---
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,022 Views)

Thanks for the replies. I took a look into all the suggestions but i can only get one of 2 FPGA codes to work. i have attached the code in a zip folder if anyone is willing to have a look and give some insight i would be very greatful. 

i can get "FPGA Blip Generator" to match by changing the bitfile name in the build spec or vice versa however "FPGA - 4 - Final w sub" still wont match.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,956 Views)