From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA VI Compilation Issue

Hi,

Have FPGA RIO PXI 7841R series DAQ card in the PXI RT Rack. I am trying to compile the attached Test.vi in to bitfile by following the steps given here.

I can able to start the compilation and successful up to generation of intermediate files. But at the last stage the LabVIEW Compiler Server open the window called  Compilation Status and providing the status as Generating Cores with single point in the progress bar for long hours (around 15 hours). After that I couldnot see any progress in the compilation and no error message.

Anyone have idea, what could be the problem in generating the bitfile.

Thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,517 Views)

Hello,

Anybody is here to give idea to fix my problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,479 Views)

Hi,

Any support from NI.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,456 Views)

I have the same issue

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,376 Views)

Hi Kumar NI,

I had the same issue you were having and was able to resolve that by removing the Saturation Multiply. I am not sure what version of LabVIEW you are using but in LabVIEW 2012 this VI is no longer supported. You should be able to use the standard multiply and change the properties to use Saturation setting for rounding. Saturation may actually be the default for most of the math functions. Please let me know if this works for you as well or if there is a reason you must use the Saturation Multiply.

Patrick H | National Instruments | Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,360 Views)