LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Recompiling Without Changes

Hi there,

I think this may have a simple fix. I'm using FPGA to control a motor using an NI 9501 and a cRIO. Normally, any time you save changes to the FPGA VI you have to recompile the build. However, when I open the FPGA VI and simply look at the block diagram, it asks me to recompile before I am able to run the VI. I'm not making any changes to the VI, nor saving it. It just seems the simple act of looking at the block diagram of the FPGA VI forces me to recompile, which is a little annoying when I'm trying to make sure my FPGA code is correct (and compiling on my system is taking over half an hour each time).

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,204 Views)

Did you update drivers since you last saved the VI?  Did you change a subVI since you last saved the VI?  Those are the two big ones I see.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,188 Views)

Neither of those. For example, I will compile the FPGA VI and the compile will complete. I'll can open the VI's front panel, open it, run it, close it, all without any issues or being asked to recompile. However, if I open the FPGA VI and go the block diagram and do literally nothing other than look at the block diagram (no interaction other than looking at it) and close the VI, it will ask me to recompile. It's kind of a head scratcher for me because it doesn't make sense to me why, if I did not alter the VI at all, why it asks to me to recompile.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,176 Views)