From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Read/Write control value seemingly corrupt

We are having an issue with writing to an FPGA control from RT. When we write the number of channels then read it back we get a junk number. This is in our main application. The strange thing is, when we just make a test VI with Open FPGA VI reference (point it at the same bitfile), Write control, read the control back it works. It is like some memory space is corrupted and I have zero idea what to do at this point. Considering an FPGA recompile, but haven't tried that yet. Anyone run into that before?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,466 Views)

A follow up note: I believe this happened right after LabVIEW crashed. This was my coworker working on it I was helping support remotely so I cant be 100% sure but I think this is the case. We also deployed an old image to the RT and the problem went away. We are recompiling the bitfile now, so we'll see. We did a hard reset of the entire system also, still no luck.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,461 Views)

Hi Greg,

I have not seen this before.  Please update us after the recompile.

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,406 Views)