LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA - RIO Evaluation Board - Using the LCD Display

I have the NI LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Board and am trying to find information on using the LCD display. Does anyone know of any documentation/app notes? Thanks in advance.

David C
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,591 Views)

Hi,
I haven't this kit but :
      - Is there any example provided with this KIT ?

- There is a free LCD Driver Character Display for FPGA based on HD44780 Hitachi here : https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/evaltlktlcdchar/content.xhtml

Hi hope this will solve your problem...

V-F
Message 2 of 5
(3,576 Views)

Thanks for the suggestions ramses64.

I failed to mention that I didn't install the software that came with the evaluation kit. The reason being, I already have LabVIEW and all the modules installed. I was not about to overwrite my perfectly good installation even if the instructions on the box tell me it is perfectly safe to do so.

If there are examples with the kit, then they are buried in an installer/cab file and not directly accessible by simply looking at the CD/DVD contents. I should install the evaluation software onto a virtual machine and see what is revealed.

I'll take a look at the LCD Module this evening and see if it provides any clues.

Thanks!

David C
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,569 Views)
Funny how I came across this post now. I did install just to get the examples. Guess what? I bricked labview and had to re reinstall the entire OS! I can't believe ni dont give us the docs and examples on the disk, my experience was nearly enough to make me cry. I did eventually fet the lcd driver I wanted but was it worth 2 days of lost time? I leave that to you to decide...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,359 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,266 Views)