LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA - NI Farm Server is not responding

Hi all,

I have a problem with the compilation of FPGA.

I've installed LV2014 SP1 with the FPGA compiler (Xilinx 14.7 and Xilinx Vivado 2013.4).

When  I try to start a compilation of my FPGA (in localhost), I receive the following error:

NI-Farm: Farm server is not responding. Be sure the specified host name is correct.

ni farm error 1.png

The Farm server is not running. When I open the NI FARM SERVER CONFIGURATION and I confirm changes, I receive this error:

ni farm error 2.png

I've tried a lot of a lot of a lot suggesitons I found in LV forum and NI website but nothing.

I've reinstalled LabVIEW 2014 FPGA Module Xilinx Tools 14.7 and LabVIEW 2014 FPGA Module Xilinx Tools Vivado 2013.4.

I've also downloaded and installed LabVIEW FPGA Compile Farm but nothing.

Firewall is disabled.

Can you help me?

Thanks all

Message 1 of 5
(7,479 Views)

AC,

What FPGA device are you compiling for?  A lot of the resources I found pointed to the correct tools not being installed and I wanted to make sure everything is installed before moving on.

Additionally are you using the Compile Farm Toolkit or are you just trying to compile locally?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,458 Views)

Adding onto Jacobson's post, you noted you're working with LabVIEW 2014 SP1.

You brought up you installed FGPA Module 2014 and mentioned a pair of compile tools.  Are these the 2014 SP1 versions?

FPGA 2014 SP1: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-fpga-module-2014-sp1/5167/en/

2014 SP1 Vivado: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-fpga-module-2014-sp1/5179/en/

2014 SP1 Xilinix: http://www.ni.com/download/labview-fpga-module-2014/5178/en/

You'll also want to make sure you have NI-RIO 14.5 installed to match 2014 SP1.  You don't need both compile tools installed unless you're working with different targets that require different compile tools.  Depending on the target you're using, you'll likely want to look at installing the C Series Module Support 14.6 as well. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,444 Views)

Sorry, the version of LV I wrote is wrong. I don't have LV2014 SP1 but LV2014 only.

Here is a screenshot of what I've installed:

installed.png

The hardware I'm using is NI cRIO-9076 but I have the same problem with a cRIO 9024 + chassis cRIO 9114. Regarless of hardware I use, the compiler doesn't start because NI FARM Server is not running (See attachment).

Software installed in my cRIO is NI CompactRIO 14.0:

cRIo installed.png

Message 4 of 5
(7,432 Views)

Hello,

I get exactly the same problem !

After some research we found that the problem was due to a port number conflict with a MySql service.

By desactivating the mysql service, and after a reboot ... the FPGA compilation worked again.

It should be nice to be able to change the port number of the local compilation farm !

And it would be nice too, to have a way to check the errors of the compilation farm service !

Manu.net

Manu.net
Message 5 of 5
(7,103 Views)