From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Interface C API for Win x64?

Hi,

I have been using the "FPGA Interface C API" in combination with a NI-PXI-7852R board with success!

My question is, because I have an Windows7 x64 operating system, I would like to use this API as native x64 bit process.

Unfortunately the most important library ("niFpga.dll") only exists as on 32bit (x86) library. Also there is no distinction in the fpha.h header file for Win32 or Win64 builds.

In the "FPGA Interface C API Help file" the requirements state the following:

Supported development operating system
Windows 7 Professional (32-bit or 64-bit version)
Supported target operating system
Windows (any supported development operating system) 

How do I build 64-bit application with the C FPGA API?

Best Regards,

Marco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,654 Views)

The same problem with us.

We have developed a NI C-RIO based measurement software under matlab with the ni fpga - mex interface, and have problems with 64 bit matlab on windows 7. Is there a 64 bit version of the nifpga.dll?

nihu

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,529 Views)

Hallo,

Unfortunately I have to say that the "nifpga.dll" file is only support x32 bit and doesn't support x64 bit yet.

I hope that as soon as possible we will see the new version of this file which will support x64 bit too.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,457 Views)

Hello,

in our company we would like to integrate flexRIO hardware into our 64bit applications, so 64bit native support by Labview FPGA C API would be preferable.

Does anybody have any news about x64 version of "nifpga.dll"?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,365 Views)

Hi,

After searching for you I can say that our R&D are working on that and hope they will release the x64 version as soon as possible but when, is not clear.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,352 Views)

any more information on x64 windows 7 for FPGA? it could help with our operating systems here!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,196 Views)

Hi,

Have a look at the supported operating systems for the 14.o verison of he FPGA INterface C API:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372928H-01/capi/target_os/

Message 7 of 10
(3,146 Views)

This link refers to the operating system installed on the computer.  The FPGA Interface C API can run on 64-bit Windows but only as a 32-bit application.  We want to build 64-bit applications.

Is there any updates on 64-bit application support?  This is becoming a big problem for us because other vendors no longer support 32-bit applications.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,743 Views)

To clarify, the link I was referring to was the link posted by JosD.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,724 Views)

I talked with an NI Application Engineer and they informed me that there is is a 64-bit FPGA DLL.  To fined the DLLs on a 64-bit Windows computer:

* The 64-bit NI FPGA DLL can be found here: C:\Windows\System32\NiFpga.dll

* The 32-bit NI FPGA DLL can be found here: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\NiFpga.dll

The 64-bit DLLs are kept in System32 while the 32-bit DLLs are kept in SysWOW64, as unintuitive as that may be.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,684 Views)