From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Initialization code

Solved!
Go to solution

I am writing an FPGA code that will just perform an intialization process (bring Analog Ouput values to ZERO).

Once the SET/RESET button has been pressed, the Analog Output should always  give aZERO even if the button is released.

I am using LabVIEW 2011.

The HOST and FPGA VIs are as attached.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,558 Views)

... and what's your question?

By the way: There is no point in having the outer loop in the FPGA, as the inner loop will never stop.

And always remeber to add a delay on windows. Use the "Wait (ms)" function - even a 1ms delay will mean a lot to Windows 🙂

Best Regards

Alex E. Munkhaus
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
System Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,533 Views)

Thanks for your response AEP.

I am sorry my question was not clear.

I want the code to do an initialization process.

Right now, in the TRUE state, SET/RESET BUTTON returns a zero value whereas in the FALSE state, the input value is given as an output.

The code should return a zero value once the SET/RESET button has been pressed and remain zero even in FALSE state.

How can I make this possible? Any clues or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Opuk

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,524 Views)

In your Host VI, use an event structure so that you only send data to the FPGA when you change the Input Value or press the reset button.  In the Reset's event case, use a local variable to set your Input Value to 0.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,503 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

Thans for your response. I have tried to implement your suggestions but it seems I still dont get the proper output as expected.

1. The input value is not reflected as the output digital values in HOST VI.

2. The output is always the current value in the FPGA VI output (in this case 0) and not the digital values calculated from the HOST.

3. In the Reset event's case, TRUE and FALSE state still gives different  outputs. The output should be 0 in both TRUE/FALSE state.

Any further clues? Attached are the updated HOST and FPGA VIs

Best Regards,

Ben

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,489 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Benvalet

1. The Input Value in your FPGA needs to be INSIDE of the loop.  Otherwise it is just being read once.

2. Rename your "Set/Reset" to just be "Reset".  It makes it a lot more clear what it does.

3. In your FPGA VI, make the Reset button a latch type for the mechanical action.  This will force the value to go back to False all on its own after the Reset was read.

4. Some cleaning up of th event structure code needed.

See attached to see how I set it all up.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 8
(4,480 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Benvalet

Hi Crossrulz,

Thank you so so much for your last response. Actually, you just solved my problem. You take all the credits and I appreciate.

I have been working on this for more than two weeks but in vain.

But just for my ignorance, what role does panel close case play? And why must it come in between Input value change case and reset case?

Thanks for your immediate response. Stay blessed.

Best Regards,

Opuk

Kudos

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,467 Views)

Hi,

I included a move feature in my code, but the behaviour is kinda funny.

When I give a new value to the FInal destination (control) the value changes but I want the change to take place at the desired move speed which is not the case. The changes take place spontaneously.

Then, when the HOST VI is run, all my indicators does not show any values as expected. What could be the problem?

Any clues or suggestions will be highly appreciated.  Attached are my VIs.

Best Regards,

Opuk

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,435 Views)