LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA FlexRIO SCTL LabVIEW 2013 Compilation Problems

Hi,

I have an FPGA FlexRIO (7962R) VI that interfaces to a 6585 LVDS board that consists of a SCTL running at 200MHz and using a Xilinx Coregen FIFO.

In LabVIEW 2012 using Xilinx 13.4 I have had no problems compiling this at 200Mhz, but in LabVIEW 2013 using Xilinx 14.4 I am unable to get it to compile reliably about about 170MHz with absolutely no modifications to the code.

The Xilinx FIFO is probably irrelevant as I have tried cloning the VI and removing the FIFO and still get the same problem.

Any ideas, things to try or solutions? 

Thanks,

Dave

David Clark
CLA | CTA
IDEX Biometrics UK Ltd
Hampshire, England
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,512 Views)

Hi Dave,

Have you tried optimising the Xilinx compiler for Timing?

The link below describes how to access the optimization settings, then select 'Timing' from the design strategy drop-down.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/EE940C191DDCE9CE86256E5500783A4D

Regards,

Al C
National Instruments,
Application Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,414 Views)

Have you tried optimising the Xilinx compiler for Timing?

You can't modify the Xilinx compile options of a FlexRIO target.

In LabVIEW 2012 using Xilinx 13.4 I have had no problems compiling this at 200Mhz, but in LabVIEW 2013 using Xilinx 14.4 I am unable to get it to compile reliably about about 170MHz with absolutely no modifications to the code.

What compile error are you getting? Does not reliably mean that sometimes it does compile correctly? Can you upload a simple example of a piece of code that works in 2012 but not 2013?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,406 Views)