LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA: Compile Worker Exceeds Maximum Number of Updates

I keep getting a new message from the compilation status window that states: "The compile worker has exceeded the maximum number of status updates for this compile.  The compile will continue, but the status and progress bar will not update and the compilation reports will not be available until it is complete."  I'm using the Compile Farm Toolkit and the worker is running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 (64 Bit).  The compile is for LabVIEW 2013 and the compilation tool is Xilinx 14.4 (64-bit).  When I check in the LabVIEW FPGA Compile Farm Console it shows that the compile is running fine.

I see this message on every compile.  At least once I was able to wait until the compile was finished, disconnect and reconnect to get the results.  Other times I get a compile error that only says a communication error occurred.  I'm not sure these two symptoms are related but they might be.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Systems Engineering - National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,219 Views)

Hello AndyBrown

This is indeed an odd behaviour, I actually haven't seen anything like this before. You say that sometimes it compiles and sometimes it gives you a communication error? Does that happens for the same code or for different codes? The compiled file works properly? The problem is just with this anoying messages or does it affect the final bit file? 

Have you tried with another version of the compilation tools? Would that be a possibility, just for testing?

Regards. 

Fabián M.
Internal Sales Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,195 Views)

It doesn't seem to affect the compiles themselves, they typically work or do not work.  That being said I have seen more of these "communucation errors" lately where I lose contact with the Compile Farm Server or the Compile Farm Server loses contact with the worker.  At this point I'm going to assume they are unrelated.

So yes basically it seems to be just an annoying message and I can't monitor my compiles and get the intermediate results that would be helpful.

This happens on multiple projects.  The only thing new is a recently upgraded to LabVIEW FPGA 2013 sp1 from 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,180 Views)

I see. And this problems started once the upgrade of LabVIEW FPGA module was made or do they happened before? Have you tried with a downgrade of Xilinx Tools? Just for testing. I know that can be annoying, so we can start looking for options on how to fix it. 

Have you tried to reinstall the module? Probably something got corrupt during the update or some dependency went missing. 

Fabián M.
Internal Sales Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,176 Views)

I'm not sure the dependency on the Xilinx tools.  I have them installed on my computer but I didn't upgrade them when I upgraded to sp1.  I didn't think it was necessary give then fact that I exclusively use the Farm Compiler and it relies on the Worker's Xilinx tools.  I can look at upgrading in the near future after my project push is over if we can not rule this out.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,172 Views)

And what about the module itself? Have you tried reinstalling it? 

Fabián M.
Internal Sales Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,155 Views)