LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Compile Cloud Service connection error

Hello!

I have been using the LabvVIEW FPGA development module for a while, but I have always been compiling my applications on my local development pc. As my codes are getting more and more complex I have decided to try the Compile Cloud Service to shorten my compilation times. I've created an 90 day evaluation account on  ni.com/trycompilecloud. On the compile server dialog at the beginning of compilation I chose "Connect to LabVIEW FPGA Compile Cloud Service" option, but after trying to proceed the following error message appears: "An error occured attempting to connect to this compile server". In "Configure..." dialog I use my email address as my username. I have attached a picture of the whole error message. Could you please help me, how to connect to the compile cloud with my evaluation account? 

Thank you,
Alex Hettmann

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,545 Views)

Your username isn't worth worrying about just yet.  You're not connecting to the server to have it check your credentials.  Do you have any firewalls running that could prevent the connection?

Message 2 of 8
(6,523 Views)

It is possible that my company proxy prevents the connection. Do we know what ports are used by the connection?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,491 Views)

See the following threads for more information. It seems it is not straightforward to use the cloud compile service through a proxy.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-FPGA-Cloud-Compiler-Ports/m-p/3149458

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/FPGA-cloud-service-behind-proxy-firewall/td-p/3102267

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,486 Views)

Hi, the port is 3580.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,458 Views)

Thank you guys! I will try to convince the local IT to open these ports for me.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,448 Views)

Hi,

I had the same problem and i was told by my IT that it's because Labview try to connect directly to the internet, and it is not possible to configure Labview to connect through a proxy.

So i solved the problem by using a "proxifier" software, which force communications to/from Labview (or any other software) to pass through the proxy.

The proxifier i used is Widecap.

Yohann L.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,364 Views)
Sounds good! I will definitely try this. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,356 Views)