From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Compilation Error 8

Hey everyone,

I have been getting Error 8 and I know to run Labview as administrator to get around this, but I would like to fix this a different way. I need to be able to compile things without administrator rights because I am using this on a computer with multiple users and the administrator isn't always around to type in his credentials. I was wondering if there was any way to write to a location other than the C:\ drive? I can't find any way to specify the path for where to save stuff. If I could just create these folders and files in another location everything would be fine and dandy. 

Inline image 1

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,932 Views)

Your image doesn't show up because it points to some google mail server.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,905 Views)

Sorry about that, maybe this helps.

image.png

Anyways, I just was wondering if there was any way to change where it tries to write the files to. At the moment you need administrator rights to compile which like I said is difficult since it is a group lab computer.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,853 Views)

The file path at the bottom points to a c:\NIFPGA folder.  Generally, non-admins don't get any rights to any folders within the c:\ drive except what they can get to when they drill down to their users directory.

I'd suggest getting an admin to log onto the PC, and having them give full rights to all users for that specific c:\NIFPGA folder (and all subfolders.).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,850 Views)

Ok so there is no way to have the program instead just write to a folder in a directory I actually have access to write to?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,844 Views)

I don't know.  There might be a way.

But the most obvious solution to me is to get access rights to the directory you don't have rights to right now.

You'll need an admin, but you should only need them once to fix the rights issue.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,838 Views)