From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Compilation : An internal software error in the LabVIEW FPGA Module has occurred

Hi,

I get the following error right at the beginning of the compilation : 

LabVIEW FPGA : An internal software error in the LabVIEW FPGA Module has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support...

niFPGACompile_Dialog.vi

<APPEND>

<b> Additional Information:</b>

<b>Original error message: </b>

---------------------------------------------

Error - 61457 occurred at niFpgaCompileDialog_GetStatusFromFile.vi

Possible reason(s) :

LabVIEW FPGA : The compilation status file is missing or currupt.

Complete call chain :

niFpgaCompileDialog_GetStatusFromFile.vi

niFpgaCompileDialog_ParseJobList.vi

niFpgaCompileDialog_Dialog.vi

I tried desinstall all National Instrument software and reinstall them and still get the same message prior to compilation. Didn't find any post on this error.  

Anyone can help?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,386 Views)
Hi,

First of all,

The error is thrown when the compilation job list file niFpgaActiveJobList.txt is corrupted or missing. The file is located in the directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\rvi\CDR\niFpgaActiveJobList.txt
If you are getting Error -61457, either create the file if its missing or replace its contents with the following:

<ActiveJobList>
<Version>2</Version>
<JobList>
</JobList>
</ActiveJobList>

After that, uninstal the older version of Xilinx Compilation Tool.

Hope this can help you.><

Message 2 of 4
(3,326 Views)

This reply is a little late (1 year). I experienced the same issue today. I was developing some new FPGA VIs and labview 2013 crashed repeatedly in the process (unknown reasons). Eventually I was not able to compile any FPGA VIs, even ones that I had previously compiled . I got the same error as you (I've attached my screenshot).

pigeonjen 's solution almost worked for me, but copying the text 'as is' in the reply did not work. Fortunately I have another workstation with the same versions of labview installed. So I was able to copy the niFpgaActiveJobList.txt file from that computer to the computer that was experiencing the error. I was able to compile FPGA VIs afterwards. I did not reinstall xilinx tools or anything else. I've attached the text file to this reply. 

Download All
Message 3 of 4
(3,062 Views)

the same problem has occured to me recently and it confused me many days. The solution you put forward resolved my problem perfect. thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,926 Views)