LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA Compilation : An internal software error in the LabVIEW FPGA Module has occurred

Hi,

I get the following error right at the beginning of the compilation : 

LabVIEW FPGA : An internal software error in the LabVIEW FPGA Module has occurred. Please contact National Instruments technical support...

niFPGACompile_Dialog.vi

<APPEND>

<b> Additional Information:</b>

<b>Original error message: </b>

---------------------------------------------

Error - 61457 occurred at niFpgaCompileDialog_GetStatusFromFile.vi

Possible reason(s) :

LabVIEW FPGA : The compilation status file is missing or currupt.

Complete call chain :

niFpgaCompileDialog_GetStatusFromFile.vi

niFpgaCompileDialog_ParseJobList.vi

niFpgaCompileDialog_Dialog.vi

I tried desinstall all National Instrument software and reinstall them and still get the same message prior to compilation. Didn't find any post on this error.  

Anyone can help?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,359 Views)
Hi,

First of all,

The error is thrown when the compilation job list file niFpgaActiveJobList.txt is corrupted or missing. The file is located in the directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\rvi\CDR\niFpgaActiveJobList.txt
If you are getting Error -61457, either create the file if its missing or replace its contents with the following:

<ActiveJobList>
<Version>2</Version>
<JobList>
</JobList>
</ActiveJobList>

After that, uninstal the older version of Xilinx Compilation Tool.

Hope this can help you.><

Message 2 of 4
(3,299 Views)

This reply is a little late (1 year). I experienced the same issue today. I was developing some new FPGA VIs and labview 2013 crashed repeatedly in the process (unknown reasons). Eventually I was not able to compile any FPGA VIs, even ones that I had previously compiled . I got the same error as you (I've attached my screenshot).

pigeonjen 's solution almost worked for me, but copying the text 'as is' in the reply did not work. Fortunately I have another workstation with the same versions of labview installed. So I was able to copy the niFpgaActiveJobList.txt file from that computer to the computer that was experiencing the error. I was able to compile FPGA VIs afterwards. I did not reinstall xilinx tools or anything else. I've attached the text file to this reply. 

Download All
Message 3 of 4
(3,035 Views)

the same problem has occured to me recently and it confused me many days. The solution you put forward resolved my problem perfect. thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,899 Views)