LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPGA 3rd party hardware - is it/will it be supported?

My seem like a silly question but does LV FPGA module support 3rd party development cards yet, or is it planned?
It would be really useful to be able to use code generated in LV FPGA on say a XILINX Spartan/Virtex development card.

Can the target be specified? and if so, is a file created that can be JTAG'd using other Xilinx tools across to a custom H/W platform?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,544 Views)
Hello Shepness,

No, Labview FPGA only supports NI hardware.  Due to the features of LV FPGA (such as communicating between the FPGA and the host/front panel), only certain hardware can be targeted.

Hope this helps,

Benjamin Cook
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,527 Views)

Thanks for the feedback. Are there any plans to make 3rd party hardware support possible?

This would be very very useful, as we have several emdedded applications we'd like to use it for.

And I'm sure that there are many others who would like to be able to use 3rd party h/w.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,508 Views)

Hi Shepness,

Hope you are doing well today! I apologize for being blunt, but as you may understand, it's not possible for us to discuss future plans. However, posting a suggestion at the Product Suggestion Center is an effective way of making National Instruments realize what customers are looking for.

Message Edited by Adnan Z on 08-13-2008 10:18 AM
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,503 Views)

One other note - there is a LV FPGA platform today that is made to be used in embedded applications:

Single-Board RIO: http://www.ni.com/singleboard/

Would this solve your needs? 

-RB

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,479 Views)