LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FP-1000 Labview 8.6.1 windows 7

I am trying to update an exe that communicates with a NI-FP-1000 through MAX. I am using Labview 8.6.1, I have updated Max to 4.6.2 and updated the Fieldpoint to 6.0.6.

The development suite is on my windows XP machine. I create the exe and Installer on XP. I am then installing the exe with MAX onto a WIndows 7 machine.

The problem I am having is with the configuration in MAX. I have an FP-1000 connected to a FP-TB-10. When I load my configuration .iak file it does not show the FP-TB-10. If I have MAX find devices the FP-TB-10 shows up. I then save the iak file and reopen MAX with that file and the FP-TB-10 has disappeared again. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Is this something that will require going to Labview 2009?

Thank You.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,732 Views)
I don't think that this would be fixed by a new version of LabVIEW.  This issue would be more of a driver thing.  Let me try to find an FP-1000 and a TB-10 to see what happens.
Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,707 Views)
I got a hold of an FP-1000 and was not able to reproduce the behavior you are seeing.  I am using NI-FieldPoint 6.0.6.  Attached is the .iak file that I generated.  If you load it do you see the TB-10?
Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,645 Views)
I loaded the .iak file on my windows 7 pc and do not see the TB-10. I do see it when I loaded the file on my windows XP pc. I have also uninstalled FieldPoint 6.0.6 and installed 6.0.6f1 which I believe is the latest update.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,593 Views)

Not exactly the same but...

I was having similar problems under LV-DSC 8.2 about a month ago. I also was not using the serail version of FP but rahter a FP-2000 or something close. I was have major trouble getting the configuration to "stick". I ended up hitting every save I could find in MAX (noral save FP save) and left MAX and re-opened after each change.

Eventually I go  them to stick. It just seemed that it would not save more than one change at a time.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,577 Views)

Ben,

I can give that a try. I problem is that I have many customers out there using this, all over the country, and I can not have them doing this process.

I currently have a customer that pointed this issue out to me, I will see if I can get it to save and then send the file to him and see if it works.

This issue started with MAX 4.5, I then updated MAX to 4.6.2 to see if that resolved it, but the same issue.

Thank you for the response!

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,570 Views)
Has anyone else, other then Ben and Paul, seen this type of behavior before? 
Justin Parker
National Instruments
Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,531 Views)

I am having a similar problem.  I have a system that was running FieldPoint 6.0.5 on XP and the iak loads correctly in XP.  I installed a new host pc running Windows 7 32-bit and I installed FieldPoint 6.0.6f1 and now 2 of my 4 Fieldpont units do not show up in MAX.  Unfortunately the 2 that do not show are running counter modules in which I have a lot of channels created.  So simply finding devices is not a good fix. Any help would be appreciated.

I am running 3 FP-2000 and 1 cFP-2020.  The problem is on one FP-2000 and the cFP-2020

Message 8 of 17
(3,457 Views)

@ClutchProgrammer wrote:

I am having a similar problem. ....  Unfortunately the 2 that do not show are running counter modules in which I have a lot of channels created.  So simply finding devices is not a good fix. Any help would be appreciated.

I am running 3 FP-2000 and 1 cFP-2020.  The problem is on one FP-2000 and the cFP-2020

The counters and timer attribute channels etc made it very painful on my side as well.

But the issue of getting changes to "stick" was not limited to the counter timers but all setting channle names etc.

Thank you for confirming!

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,454 Views)

I can't seem to update the software on the units either (from the Win 7 machine).  When I go to add/remove software in MAX nothing is available.  It's been a while since I used these systems so I might be forgetting something.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,452 Views)