LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIND VISA FREEZE

Hi,

sometimes when i launch the VI "visa find" my application is frozen.

It's frozen just when i connect an indicator on the output number or list find.If nothing is connected on the output i don' have the problem.

Somebody already have the same problem?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,305 Views)

which interfaces are you searching for, use expression " ?*INSTR " to find all the  device resources in your system.

I don't see a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,300 Views)

If you wait for a very long time, will it return something?  What kinds of devices are you looking for?

I'm thinking that it is doing a search on your Ethernet ports, COM ports, GPIB bus, and anything else that it could possibly look.  So if you supply an expression to limit where it looks, that should speed things up.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,299 Views)

Okay , this behaviour is intersting. 

when you are not expecting any output from this VI it runs to completion and gives no error ( LabVIEW 2013 ) and if you connect output and don't have any serial or GPIB devices it gives error - device is not present in system.

Does Labview or this function is smart enough , that it knows when to execte till completion and when not ??

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,288 Views)

@Neos wrote:

Okay , this behaviour is intersting. 

when you are not expecting any output from this VI it runs to completion and gives no error ( LabVIEW 2013 ) and if you connect output and don't have any serial or GPIB devices it gives error - device is not present in system.

Does Labview or this function is smart enough , that it knows when to execte till completion and when not ??

A lot of primitives will not do certain things if the outputs are not wired.  I'm guessing the Find VISA sees that there is no output, so it basically will not run.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,278 Views)

Thanks ou for our reply. It's work when i put a search expression.

But i don't now why it 's doesn't work without expression..

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,271 Views)

@aurelaurel wrote:

Thanks ou for our reply. It's work when i put a search expression.

But i don't now why it 's doesn't work without expression..

Best regards

Hmmm, your findings should be self-explanatory, but if you supply an expression to limit where it is looking... wouldn't that shorten the time it is looking?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,262 Views)

I had a feeling that  ?*INSTR " should be default expression.

Now for me it is turning out that if i don't give expression then also it returns the value correctly.

which LabVIEW version are you using??? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,260 Views)

I use labview 2013.

My last post doesn't work finally. I have just get the bug.

I have a vi which just call the "VISA FIND".There il no loop o stucture.

If the output are not connected it's work fine....

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,219 Views)

I test to open NI MAX when i have the problem with the VISA FIND RESSOURCE and an error appeared.

Actually, i serach a solution on this forum with the plug IN ni visa.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,215 Views)