From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FFT with variable N

I've recently purchased a NI DAQ (NI USB-6356) and would like some help with Labview code please?

I'm collecting about 50,000 sample from my A/D, which I'd like to store in memory or into a file. I'm displaying a power spectrum to find signals at certain frequencies.

Once the signal is present I'd like to do some analysis on the data, namely a sliding FTT on N points at the time. After doing a N-point FFT on the first 256 samples, I'd like to slide along 64 sample and do another 256 point FFT, and so on.

Can you please advice which is the most suitable VI for storing the data? Also is there a VI that allows me do a N-point FFT (where I can set N to any multiple of 2)?

If you can please point me in the right direction on how to proceed I'd be grateful, as I'm fairly new to Labview, although I have plenty of hardware experience.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,102 Views)

The FFT.vi has a size-input, just set it to 256. Since you enter an array to the function, and if FFT's the first 256 points, you can simply use array subset with offset to slide the fft window.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 2 of 2
(2,095 Views)