LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F-1080 Detector to be connected to PC

I have previously posted the beginning of my problem but have progressed slightly since then. I have a Hitachi F-1080 flourescence detector connected to PC through a 25-pin port (F-1080) to the 9-pin port with a serial to USB adapter. I have a breakout panel attached to the 25-pin port side (F1080) with manual wiring configurations: Pin 2 (PC) to Pin 3 (F1080), pin 3 to pin 2 (F1080), pin 8 & pin 7 to pin 5 & 7(F1080). The data is to be written to text document. There are two VISA write functions in the labview file that have commands written to them. My text document only shows the commands written as the data and my instrument says data format error over and over. I have been unsuccessful in uploading the hitachi F-1080 manual so if you would like to help I will probably have to email it over. Attached is my labview file. I think my problem lies with the commands I am sending to the detector but am unsure. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,727 Views)

Hello MRoberts,

In an effort to stay as organized as possible on our forums, please keep only one forum open per topic, this issue is the same as described on the following link:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Hitachi-F-1080-25-pin-serial-connection-data-aquisition/m-p/3146933#...

Now it seems that you need to get in touch with the third party who provided F-1080 for a detail documentation on what are the parameters (Baud rate, data bits, stop bit, parity) that is supported by this device, plus a programming manual (maybe the one you describe) with the commands and parameters needed in order to communicate correctly with this specific hardware.

I also recommend you to use the tools for debugging such as I/O trace, highlighted execution or such.

Regards,

David M.

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,683 Views)

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,660 Views)