From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting part of an image

Hi guys, i have a question.

What is the best way to extract the common part of 2 pictures to work on it. What i'm trying to do is a human tracking system, using simple webcam, and i encountered some problems to achieve it. I tried to change both images into gray scale, then used imaq image to array, now i would like to compare arrays in a for loop, then fill common parts with 0 and the rest with values from grabbed image. Is there any better way to do it? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,427 Views)

Hi,

To simply compare images, you can use the IMAQ Compare VI, or the IMAQ Correlate VI, but I think I we have a better solution for you:

Please read up on the IMAQ Track Objects VI and the Tracking palette in general, it may be exactly what you are looking for.

As usual, there are also some great examples for Object Tracking installed with the Vision module. You can find them using the Example Finder, or in this directory:

LabVIEW\examples\Vision\Tracking\

Best Regards,
T Simon
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,321 Views)