cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract multiple time sections from tdms file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I found an example VI to extract either a certain index point or time point and x samples afterwards and create a smaller TDMS file.  I am trying to modify it to do it multple times at particular times in the file.

The pretense is this.  I am recording 33 channels at 2700 Hz sample rate.  I may do this for up to an hour, possibly more.  Needless to say, that makes for a HUGE data file.  I want to go through and with a list of interested times (eg: 10, 20, 40, etc sec) extract about 7 seconds worth and make into a smaller TDMS file that we can now go through and do more data analysis on.

It appears to work for the first data file, but then it comes up with an "End of File" warning and shuts down for the subsequent files.  I have attached my VI for your convenience.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TatankaWilly

I guess the error comes from the TDMS Read. If TDMS Read has no input for group and channels terminals, it will iterate channels by group. I think you can solve the problem by offering the group and channel inputs for TDMS Read.

Message 2 of 3
(2,754 Views)
That was the key I was looking for! Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,721 Views)