LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expression node returns NaN randomly

Hi,

I've caught expression node (2009 SP 1) outputting NaNs when it shouldn't be. In the image below, probe 18's value is read from some hardware. Approximately 1 in 10 times, the expression node below will output a NaN. I also found this happening in another expression node elsewhere in the software yesterday. Weirdly, this software has been in development for a while and I hadn't noticed this problem before yesterday. Does anyone know what might be causing it? In the meantime I'll replace the expression nodes with multiplication VIs.

formula node bug.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,716 Views)

Also, the Number to Fractional String VI is behaving strangely. It is returning zeros randomly (see probes in the image below), but I can't reproduce it out of context. I've also logged an error with NI that sometimes happens when I try to flatten something to XML.

I'm going to try installing LV 2010 and see if that fixes it.

number to string bug.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,697 Views)

You have tried rebooting Labview or the computer? I've had strange behavior corrected just by rebooting. Dunno what causes it, but Labview is hardly the standard for excellence when it comes to stability.

Message 3 of 5
(2,692 Views)

yep done all that

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,685 Views)

I would suggest doing a force-recompile of your code. Hold down the Control key and click on the Run arrow. That will force it to recompile the code. Unless someone else can reproduce it, it's most likely a corruption in the compiled code. You can also try recreating that portion of the code in a new VI. Do not copy and paste. Create as new.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,660 Views)