LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Vi in FPGA.VI

May i know how to add an Express Vi to a FPGA.VI as i do not find the Express Vi option in the toolbox.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,464 Views)

Hi krupa,

when you edit a VI for an FPGA target you will have all functions available in the palettes, which are supported on that target!

ExpressVIs are surely not supported on FPGA (atleast most of them)!

What functionality you want to achieve?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,446 Views)

Thanks for your response.

I wanted an Expres Vi called Control loop,which processes the input and provides a feedback signal.

Pls find the attachments,(fpga.jpg)that shows the missing express vi in toolbox.Another one(controlloop.jpg) shows the express vi(white box) that is what i am looking for.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,417 Views)

The PID VI is in the FPGA Math & Analysis->Control palette.  I do not know what else is in that subVI you have there.  Perhaps it is a VI supplied with your course?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,391 Views)

Hi krupa,

judging from the text in your book it seems the VI is related to some Motion toolbox (Softmotion?)! Is this the case here?

And from the look of the VI icon I guess it's not an "ExpressVI", but just a "simple" subVI/function…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,375 Views)

I have underlined the line in the attachement that says it is an express vi.Pls let me know if that is wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,367 Views)

Hi krupa,

I don't know which textbook you made this picture from… Ask it's author!

All I say is: from the look of the VI icon I guess it's not an ExpressVI. Check for yourself: create a new VI and put an ExpressVI inside. It will look very different…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,359 Views)

ok,thanks.

Please in the attachment may i know if the "Current feedback" used is that a local variable??

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,351 Views)

@krupa wrote:

Please in the attachment may i know if the "Current feedback" used is that a local variable??

Yes it is.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,345 Views)

Thanks so much for your quick responses.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,342 Views)