LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting a Pulse from LabVIEW to Oscilloscope

I have been attempting to export a 25ns 4.5v TTL pulse from LabVIEW to an Agilent DSO-X 3032a Oscilloscope. I have an RS232 port/cable which I can use to connect my PC to the Oscilloscope. This makes it possible to read/write data from the Oscilloscope into LabVIEW using VISA, but, I have been unable to find a way to export my pulse from LabVIEW into the Oscilloscope.

How may I export my pulse into the Oscilloscope, without using DAQMX if possible? If DAQMX is necessary, what additional hardware will I need?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,772 Views)

Are you trying to set up a reference waveform or actually have the oscilloscope measure a pulse?  If trying to measure the pulse, then you will need a high speed digital output or an analog output.  Either output needs to run at least 40MHz.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,767 Views)

I would like the Oscilloscope to measure the pulse.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,755 Views)

For the kind of speed you are asking for, I would go with an Arbitrary Waveform Generator (AWG).  NI has a few: Arbitrary Waveform Generators

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,726 Views)