cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export from Microsoft Access Database to Excel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hai Team

I have a task in which Test reports are entered in Microsoft Access.I'm familiar in entering data into Database, next part of the work is that,i should export particular part of the reports to Excel, say Sort data from one particular date to current date and Export it.Kindly help me out in this... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,347 Views)

I'd say that's easiest done through excel or access, you can export a table as xls in access, and/or import via excel.

If you want to do it via LV i'd probably read the database and save a tab-separated textfile.

/Y 

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,345 Views)

How do i read and save it in Excel via LabVIEW???

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,343 Views)

If you want to _control_ Excel you'll need to use ActiveX, if you want to write data in a form usable by Excel, see above.

/Y 

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,340 Views)

Hello Yamaeda

I think you are not clear with my question.I need to sort/view particular data(for eg:Extract report from jan 2012 to feb 2012) in my Access Database and export the same to an excel using LabVIEW.how do i group data in Database using LabVIEW.?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,332 Views)

The best way to do this is with a specific SQL query that returns the data do you in the grouped format that you want. If Access does not support that level of T-SQL compatibility then you'd have to program it yourself in LabVIEW by reading the data in bulk, massaging it, and then exporting to a tab delimited file for Excel (unless you decide to use the Report Generation Toolkit or program it yourself using ActiveX).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,319 Views)

That's a sql-question, export/excel one.

select * from report where date  > 2012-01-01 and date < 2012-02-29 order by date

/Y 

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,316 Views)

Yes it is an sql question

Consider this as my condition need to fetch records collected in database on 16-4-2012 

Table name =TEST_REPORT

i have passed the following query

Select Serial_Number,System_Date,System_Time,Department,Operator_Name,Serial_Number,Test_Case,Pass_Fail from TEST_REPORT  where System_Date = 4-16-2012, it displays the entire record from database. i have my vi along with this mail.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,283 Views)

Try the query in Access to verify it. Create query, sql mode, copy/paste and see that it works.

/Y 

Qestit Systems
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,281 Views)

Sorry,But i dont know how to create query in access

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,279 Views)