LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export data in Excel format

Hello,

I'm a little beginner in labview and for a project, i have to make a measurement program.

All is good but i have some difficulties to export the data.

I want to export organized data in Excel. I'm going to be clear:

I want to have data in colum with the legend at the top (for example, in the box A1 there is "frequency" writen and the rest of the column A is the values of the frequency, then in the box B1 there is "Spectrum" writen and the rest of the column B is the values of the frequency  spectrum,....).

There is an other thing. In the measurement program, it'a possible to write a commentary. I would like to export too the commetary on an other sheet of the excel file.

For the moment, the only thong that i can do is to export only the datain column.

There is somebody who can help me?

Thanks a lot.

PS: all the data are a 1D array.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,368 Views)

Please find the attached VI snippet.

I hope this will solve ur purpose.

I have used a template fro excel report.

Please use attached template.

Thanks

Pankaj

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,356 Views)

Thanks for the help but i don't have the "Excel add worsheet.vi".

Is it possible to have it (i dont find it free on internet).

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,322 Views)

It is not free. It is part of the Report Generation add-on.

You can do all of the ActiveX stuff yourself. There are numerous examples in the Excel Board. As an alternative, you can use one of file write functions to create a text file. Use a comma or tab separated file and Excel can import it. The only thing you cannot do with a text file is assign your comment to a separate worksheet.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,312 Views)

Ok,

i think i'm going to do the thing diffrently. Instead of open a new sheet, the commentary and the data will be in the same sheet.

I'm going to see if it works.

Thanks for the answers.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,299 Views)

Have you tried creating a TDMS file? Here is an example of a program I have pulling data from 3 different devices.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,294 Views)

Finally,  the first program doesn't works without the report generation toolkit.

i'm going to see if it's possible with the tdms files.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,273 Views)