Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Data to Excel

Sorry typhoo.....Working PC...
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,295 Views)

Hey, I hope this finds you all.

I got the vi to export data to an excel sheet, but it "only" exports 500 points. My sample rate is 10,000 a second. Is there any way to increase the number of points it exports?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,232 Views)

What is it using to export the data? Did you acquisition fill up at 500 points? That's only 1/20th of a second of data. Still not enough information here because there are so many different ways to save/export data.

Congrats on getting it to work a bit.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,221 Views)

Thanks for the help.

I actually have a different question maybe you can help with. On my desktop the program exports to excel fine, but when I do the same thing with the same export data to excel node on my laptop. No excel file opens up. I don't understand why the laptop is different when I did the same thing on both computers. I know not much info is given again.

Acquire the Scans export data.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,215 Views)
You are completely ignoring dataflow. Do you think that placing the property node on the right side of the diagram will make it execute after your other code? I'm surprised that you would ever have any data on a file. It's probably from a previous run.

Your while loop seems to be pointless since you do not display or save the data. What are you trying to do?
Message 15 of 22
(1,207 Views)

Please, please, please do not use unexecutable Pictures of code.  We cannot "test" or modify a picture, and you can't reasonably expect us to hand-code what you show in a (usually reduced-in-size) image.

Learn to use the Error Line (which almost all NI Functions expose -- it's there to be used).  Not only will it help you pinpoint errors, it will show you (and others) where code is serialized (emphasizing Data Flow), where it is parallelized (if that's a word), because you have parallel Error Lines, and would have prevented the previous comment about the "dangling" whatever-that-node is on the right.

Where do you Export to Excel?  More important, what (and how) do you Export to Excel?  Please attach a VI (or a Zip File).

Bob Schor
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,183 Views)

Snip.png

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(1,159 Views)

Very good, self-referential, even!  Bob_Schor is pleased ...

Mysterious Stranger

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,138 Views)

Sorry guys. Again, I can't share the code due to sensitive information. I'm editing someone else's code and cannot access a lot of the subvi's. I wasn't sure if this was a simple or common problem that could be fixed. It's not so don't stress over me not sharing any code.

Thanks for trying. I know yall have your hands tied with this, but the little pointers are helping.

Neil

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(1,100 Views)

Really, it looks like it IS simple.

You run the invoke node in parallel to your while loop and run the invoke node only once.  It's no surprise you're not getting all of your data.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,087 Views)