LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Data to Excel

Hey guys.

I'm having some issues exporting data from a waveform graph to excel. On one computer the function works and opens up an excel file, but when I copied all of the files needed to a second computer, putting them in the c:// drive, the program does not open an excel file.

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(4,485 Views)

I know I've asked you this before, but can you share the code? More information is needed to help here as well. It could be many things.

Are the paths hard-coded? Are the paths identical? Are your Excel versions the same? Do you need to use the Report Gen toolkit, or can you just use the Spreadsheet VIs in LabVIEW? Sometimes the Report Gen Toolkit requires excel to be open already or it throws an error, try opening excel first?

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(4,475 Views)

It is generally not a good idea to use the root of the C: drive for data (that's how I interpret what you wrote).  At the very least, create a folder called C:\Data and put your data there.  Windows can be funny with this.

As for doing things with Excel, if you are using the Report Generation Toolkit (which is standard in LabVIEW 2014 and an add-on in earlier releases), you should not have a problem if Excel isn't already open (unless you don't start with New Report and specify an Excel report, or do some other silly thing like that).

But I do agree with James -- if you want our ideas on where in your code you made a possible error, unless you want guesses (like "the third function from the left"), you'll have to show us the code.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(4,435 Views)

This has to do with the same code I was working with before, all of my posts are connected in trying to solve this problem. I can share the distinct subvi, but it references another vi and another vi and so on.

Both machines have all of the necessary files in the same place (C drive). They both give me this error code when running:

Error-200428.PNG

and refer me to this subvi:

Error code Block Diagram.PNGI read a help page on static vs. dynamic tasks which confused me more. I'm just confused because this exact same code without the Export data to Excel node works fine.

Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(4,422 Views)

How about this, if you can't provide your code because it uses subVI's with missing block diagrams, etc, can you create a new VI that uses all of the parts of the code that are not functioning? Then hopefully you can recreate the problem and we can help you from there. There just isn't enough information in the code that you've supplied for us to help you much.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(4,406 Views)

Is all of your code in a single disk Folder?  Zip up the Folder and attach that!

However, the cause of your problem may be related to the inability of Machine 2 to recognize the hardware connected to Machine 1 (the machine that runs the program OK).  DAQmx needs to be able to find and identify the devices to which it connects.  This is easy when the LabVIEW machine is also the running machine -- just use MAX or LabVIEW Project to define the Task and set up the configuration.  On a "foreign" machine, you have to do a bit more work to both locate the appropriate device and to configure it properly.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(4,399 Views)

Why do you think exporting data to excel is an issue when your error relates to the DAQmx read?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(4,368 Views)

I can't share the code due to sensitive information, but if the code is for a drop tower that tests the acceleration and force of impact on different helmets, could the error be a result of having no accelerometer and MEPS pad connected? As if to say LabVIEW looks for those components and they're not there?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(4,362 Views)

That's possible. But no way for us to know...

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(4,354 Views)
There may a chance that wosystem PC has task assigned to specific channel in NI MAX,which you may need to export from working PC and import in NEW PC.

Make sure hardware setup and the hardware type remains same in both PC
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(4,343 Views)