LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export 3d Surface as vector graphics (eps)

Greetings!

I have made a program in Labview that calculates and plots ambiguity functions as 3d graphs. The results look very promising, and to be able to rotate and zoom the 3d-surface is very handy.

However, as I need to generate a report, and like to use Latex for this, I miss the opportunity that exists in Matlab where you can export 3d-plots in EPS-format. Is there a way to do this in Labview? I have only found jpeg, png and bmp image formats so far, but these do not look very good when resized in a pdf document.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.
Yours sincerely,
Idar
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,530 Views)

It looks like this is already part of labview 8. I don't have it so I can test it.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/webmain/53B2D670B55AC384862570930050F066

Message 2 of 6
(3,516 Views)
If the control you are using is CWGraph3D then the export option is not there in LV8. There is an export style option but that saves the setup of the graph to a file. I didn't see anything in LV8 that exported an image of the graph. There is a method called ControlImage which exports a windows metafile (evidently). LV7.1 calls it an enhanced metafile. I find also lacking that all picture formats for the picture control are file based, so I can't use a pipe to display a png, for instance.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,512 Views)

A virtual printer to eps files at this site.

http://server3.nethost.co.il/set_tif.html

Message 5 of 6
(3,498 Views)
Thanks for all the answers!

I had not discovered the MathScript programming in LV8 yet, as I just got the upgrade a couple days ago. It looks very cool indeed, and I'll have a look if I can use it for the 3d plotting.

I do find it rather strange that they implemented eps exporting in all the other graphs except the 3d graphs, but maybe it will come later...

I'll try the virtual printer method immediately, but will it actually create vector images, or will it just wrap a bmp image inside postscript?

Will post the results after testing,
Idar
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,486 Views)