LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit button is not popping Quit/cancel options in application (.exe)

Hi,

I have created a VI with Exit button using run time menu option

When I run same VI and click on Exit button, it popups a message with Quit or cancel options

Then I created .exe for the same VI and executed, when i click on exit button it is directly quitting labview with out any popup message

Can some one help me in creating .exe with quit/cancel popup message

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,737 Views)

Have any code to show us?  It is really hard to figure out where you went wrong without any code.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,716 Views)

Hi Thanks for the reply

Here I attached a sample code, please have a look

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,707 Views)

That dialog is unique to the development environment. It has no meaning in a run time environment. It basically is an "abort function".

You can easily create you own two-button dialog to simulate it. Maybe make your own run-time menu entry for it instead.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,685 Views)

Oh, you are calling the LabVIEW IDE's Exit.  Do not do that.  With that you are aborting any running VIs (ie, not letting them stop on their own) and shutting down LabVIEW.

I recommend you use an Event Structure to handle the pressing of the exit menu item and doing whatever you need to inside that event case.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,662 Views)

Hi, Thanks for the reply

Event structure waits till the current event gets completed, but i want the labview to exit immediately when i click on Exit button with popup message

Actually m updating an existing code, Existing code was working fine with Exit option

Updated code is having this problem, coding wise m sure its fine, may be there is a mistake in settings

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,630 Views)