LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execution of LabView

Hi All,

Does LabView execute multiple loops at the same time or only one at a time?

hellolv
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,504 Views)

You can easily have multiple loops running at the same time.  LabVIEW takes care of the threading for you, so each VI may be running a large number of parallel threads at the same time.

Take a look at the producer consumer templates to see a good usage of parallel loops.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,501 Views)
Thanks.  In a flat sequence in Loop A, if I change the case of a case structure in Loop B, will the case in Loop B be executed right away?

Or it has to wait til the sequence is over.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,498 Views)

Its really hard to say without seeing your code.  Go ahead and attach it so we can all help you easier.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,493 Views)

I agree with Evan that without the code this will be hard to answer, but as a guess - If the loops are connected with a wire, then loop B will have to wait until loop A finishes running completely.

To learn more about LabVIEW, I suggest you try searching this site and google for LabVIEW tutorials. Here, here, here, here and here are a few you can start with and here are some tutorial videos. You can also contact your local NI office and join one of their courses.
In addition, I suggest you read the LabVIEW style guide and the LabVIEW user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf).

(2,480 Views)