LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executables throw a widows error when you close the application

I have this problem on several of my labview executables.  I can open and runt eh program with no errors.  But when I close the program by any method, I get a pop up error in windows. Stating:

"Application Name" has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience. 

I get the option to send the info to Microsoft.  Another error pops up Stating the following:

WinsockAsyncSelectWindow:  Application name.exe - application error

The instruction at "0x7c90e470" referenced memory at "0x03182a2c". The memory could not be "read".  Click on CANCEL to debug the program.

This is really annoying... Anyone know why this error is poping up?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,530 Views)

Hi Jason,

Could you please provide us with some more information regarding your executable?

What version of LV are you using?

How are you stopping the executable (stop button?  abort button?)  You should always use a stop button, not the abort button (the stop sign looking glyph on the toolbar) to ensure that all of your references have been properly closed. 

Do you see this performance when running the executable on the development machine?

Do you get the warning every time, or only some of the time?

What all are you doing in the executable?  I'd be curious to know if it was something particular to your code or the environment.  One way to test this is to build a "dummy" executable--just one that does something as simple as count iterations, and see if you get the message or not.  

Please provide a little more information and we'll do our best to help. 

Cheers, 

Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
Message 2 of 5
(2,502 Views)
I was able to figure it out.  I was calling a function which used the User32.dll from windows to simulate a keyboard.  I used the absolute path to the User32.dll.  that seems to have caused a copy to get pulled into the project and used instead of the original windows user32.dll.  I changed the absolute path name to just calling user32.dll.  The project no longer creates a copy, it seems to use the windows user32.dll and I no longer have the error.
Message 3 of 5
(2,481 Views)
Thanks for posting your solution Jason, it'll help other users who stumble upon this thread.
Marti C
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
NI Medical
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,465 Views)

The Chancenator ha scritto:
Thanks for posting your solution Jason, it'll help other users who stumble upon this thread.

e.g. me this morning, exactly the same problem, thanks Jason!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,139 Views)