From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable not working with runtime engine

I created an executable that has NI Vision functions in the program.  When I attempt to run this on a computer that only has the NI Vision runtime engine, the program does not work properly.  Is there anything else I have to do to the computer with the NI Vision runtime engine?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,516 Views)

Not that I have any experience with NI vision, but do you have the LabVIEW RTE insalled?

Also, what are the exact problems with the application?

(2,509 Views)
Thanks for the input but I was able to correct the problem.  I needed to put a .jpg file that the program uses in the same directory as the .exe file.  Does anyone know how to incorporate a support file (such as a picture) into the build of the executable?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,503 Views)

In LV versions before 8, there is a Source Files tab in which you can add files to your build. If you want this to work with the installation, you then need to go into the Installer tab and specify where your support files will go relative to the executable.

I don't know how it's done in 8.x, but I expect that it's not much different.

(2,497 Views)