cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable doesn't work

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

I have created an executable (attached). On the pc on which I have created it, it works properly. When I go on another pc, despite I have installed the LVRTE 2012(the VI is done with lv2012), it seems that doesn't see the instrument....

where is the error?
Thank you

[code]http://speedy.sh/bxJeM/Driver-DSA1030A.exe[/code]

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(3,095 Views)

And what exactly is the error?

Does the exe start and report an error?

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 22
(3,090 Views)

Hi norbert. The exe start I'm able to click on each botton but when it should interrogate the instrument nothing happens...no error reported... but in my opinion there is no comunication with the instrument.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(3,083 Views)

If you get no error reported, i guess that you dont have any error handling implemented.

Note: Executables automatically disable "Automatic Error Handling"

Possible reasons for instrument errors:

- Wrong ID, ID hard-coded

- Missing driver

- Incompatibel interface to instrument (RS232 vs. ethernet for instance where instrument ID is different)

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 4 of 22
(3,077 Views)

Do you have NI MAX (Measurement and Automation eXplorer) installed on this computer? If so, can you communicate with the instrument(s) using it? Are the other needed driver (VISA, etc.) How do you communicate with the instrument(s); GPIB, USB, Serial, LXI?

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 5 of 22
(3,072 Views)

I'm using the usb.

So on the native computer (where I created the VI and the driver) it works fine on the other pc nothing....... 

I was downloading the NIMAX to see what is wrong... I have a possible idea...the fact that in my VI I renamed the "Ip" of the instrument calling it "Rigol1030A" probably on the new pc it doesn't see it... dunno...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(3,068 Views)

@s.turino84 wrote:

I was downloading the NIMAX to see what is wrong...

That sounds like missing drivers to me.  MAX should be installed with almost any NI driver (VISA, DAQmx, 488.2).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 7 of 22
(3,062 Views)

Mmm well then something is not clear to me... If I want to launch an .exe on a PC on which I don't have labview installed I need both MAX and LVRTE?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(3,060 Views)

You need the RunTime Engine and whatever drivers your program uses.  Since you are performing instrument communication, you likely need VISA.  So you need to have VISA installed on your deployment computer.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 9 of 22
(3,041 Views)

The easiest way to have all drivers that are needed installed, is to create in addition to the exe an installer.

That should include everything that is needed.

It will usually include also MAX which makes it huge (not suitable for a CD),

And of course, if you have names of the interface hardcoded in your vi. they must also exist in the new installation.

Gabi

7.1 -- 2013
CLA
Message 10 of 22
(3,036 Views)