From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable crash on launch - noncontinuable exception 0xC0000025

Hello,

I have written a very simple application which uses an FTDI cable for writing to an EEPROM. I have built it into an executable and into an installer and installed it on a PC and it worked fine.

I have since distributed the installer to China and they are unable to run the software.

The english parts of the error say Noncontinuable exception (0xC0000025) EIP=0x00000000 and it also mentions the 'LabVIEW Data Folder'. This is the error message:

IMG_20140910_165419.jpg

Is this a localisation issue or what else could be the cause? They've tried it on 3 computers and I've personally installed on one of them and nothing went wrong during the installation.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,837 Views)

Hi Sam, 

I'm an NI Applications Engineer and I've picked up this post to see if there's anything I can do to help. 

I've done a bit of research on the "Noncontinuable Exception" error and it seems to pop up when a VI doesn't compile properly. What happens if you try rebuilding the executable and installer? Are you able to take the project to another PC and try compiling it into an installer there and checking if that installer works better?

A second potential cause might be the fact that you're running it in China... You mentioned a version that works fine: does that version include Chinese caracters in it? I ask because there are known issues surrounding chinese caracters (please see the link below) and I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it. 

Let me know if this helps.

All the Best

Vsenior

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,809 Views)