LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable build failing with no error message with smtp email VIs

I have a VI which I want to build into a .exe which will be used as an HMI for a real-time system. I am using the SMTP VIs to text/email me various notifications about the system state. The main VI works fine if run but will not build into an .exe. The error message comes back blank so no help there (LabView 2010). If I just simply disable the portion of the code in the HMI.VI which contains the email VI code, the application builds. I searched for anwers and was unable to resolve the problem. Any ideas? Do I need to include anything in the build that is specific to the LabView SMTP VIs? I'm new to building .exe's so I appologize for any rookie mistakes I may have made.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,290 Views)

You said you searched for answers (on the forum?). What did you find? What have you tried? This question has been answered many, many, many times.

Mike...

PS: probably has nothing to do with the SMTP drivers, per se.

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,257 Views)

@mikeporter wrote:

You said you searched for answers (on the forum?).

Yes.

What did you find?

I found a bunch of topics on email send errors after the application was built but nothing related to .exe building failures (related to the SMTP/email VIs). I also found topics dicussing the bug that fails to report an (any) error during the .exe build (for 2011). The solution was to install the service pack. if that's my problem then I will have to go through the motions to get that done (corporate computers / lack of persmissons and such).

What have you tried? This question has been answered many, many, many times.

I tried what I stated in the OP. If I disable the portion of the code which contains the email SMTP VIs, the application builds, otherwise, the build fails and no error code or description is given.

PS: probably has nothing to do with the SMTP drivers, per se.

If the answer has been given many, many times, then I appologize for not being able to find it before posting. Trust me, the last thing I want to is waste my time fishing for answers on the forum, especially when I get a response from forum members who would rather point out that my mis-identified problem has been answered many, many times, rather then just helping me out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,237 Views)

I am having this same problem.  I was wondering if any solution was found. 

thanks

jean

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,172 Views)