From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable VI with Labview 2011

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all, I am trying to make an executable on LabVIEW 2011 SP1. I have never done it before, but in my project, I go to Tools-> Build Application (EXE) from VI... I check to make sure all the sub VI's are located within the Dependencies tab and that I set the path I would like the EXE to go, then I build it. The build compiles and I have the correct Run-Time Engine installed, but when I go to open the EXE, I get a bunch of errors because sub VI's could not be loaded. I checked into these Sub VI's that were not loaded and they are locked and password protected. Probably shipped with LabVIEW so they don't want us messing with anything. How do I get these to be included with the EXE and not return an error?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,843 Views)

Can you give examples of the file that are missing?

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,839 Views)

There are a lot that are missing, and they come from one of these:

NI_AALBase.lvlib, NI_AALPro.lvlib, NI_DigFilter_FXP.lvlib, NI_DigFilter_Process.lvlib, NI_DigFilterLicensed.lvlib, and NI_Gmath.lvlib

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,836 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Szklanam

I deleted the Run-Time Engine and downloaded it again and I think it worked. Strange, but I will accept it

Message 4 of 11
(3,829 Views)

You should give yourself the solution and make it as such so that everyone knows this problem is solved.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,822 Views)

It wasn't showing as solved when I wrote that. Smiley Happy

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,818 Views)

Hi,

I am also facing the same problem when I am trying to run the exe in the PC where I have installed the Drivers and Run time engine. Should I also uninstall the runtime engine and reinstall??? Is there any other solution other than uninstalling and reinstallling the run time engine??

Regards

Giridhar

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,736 Views)
I'm not sure if this is correct, but I think I remember seeing that the run time had to be the same version that the original VI was created with. So if the VI was made on a 32-bit OS, your run time needs to be a 32-bit. I'm almost certain we have a 32-bit run time engine on our 64-bit windows 7 OS. I also made sure it was the standard version which it should say in the download name. But like I said, I'm not 100% certain. It's worth a shot though
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,730 Views)
Just went to check: The 32-bit run time engine is installed on our 64-bit windows 7 OS because the original VI was made on a 32-bit system so I can verify that it worked for me.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,728 Views)

Hello everyone,

It is true that you must have matching versions of the Run-Time Engine and LabVIEW installed.  For example, if you build an EXE with LabVIEW 2011 SP1 and try and run it with the 2011 RTE, you will most likely get errors saying that you are missing dependencies due to the different hierarchies built in to the different versions.  If you are certain that your versions match, then the problem must lie elsewhere.  Try following the steps for Building a Stand-Alone Application, paying special attention to the Source Files page.  You must be sure to add your main VI to the Startup VIs box; this VI will launch when the executable is launched.  Add all of your custom subVIs to the Always Included listbox.  If you are prompted with a dialog box that says VIs are missing from your executable, try navigating to these VIs and adding them to the Always Included box.  This should take care of the missing dependencies.

As far as 32-bit vs. 64-bit LabVIEW, see this FAQ for some details.  32-bit LabVIEW is the recommended version whether you are running 64 or 32-bit Windows; the 64-bit version of LabVIEW is only recommended for high data flow image processing applications.

Thanks everyone, happy LabVIEWing!

Patrick
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,706 Views)