LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable - Missing subVIs on Build Computer

Hi there,

I've managed to generate an executable to run the LabVIEW VI.  However, an error message pops up saying that I'm missing 20-odd sub VIs.  I'm trying to run the .exe on the build computer (before I move elsewhere).

These sub VIs are all present in the Dependencies list.  Have I missed something?  Suggestions? 

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,203 Views)

Are you calling the Sub VIs dynamically? How did you build the Exe file?

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,190 Views)

I do not know what it is to call a sub VI dynamically. 

I used Application Builder to build the .exe.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,188 Views)

The subVIs are called statically.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,175 Views)

Did you install the full run time engine (not just the minimum or web brower plugin)? What version?

Can you tell us the names of some of the missing VIs? Are they your own or from vi.lib?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,169 Views)

Are  you using the  Report Generaton Toolkit?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,136 Views)

Did you built an installer or did you just move the executable?

If you just moved the executable, did you remember to keep the "data" folder next to it?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,121 Views)

The LabVIEW Run Time Engine installed is 12.0.1 (I'm running LabVIEW 2012).  I don't know if it's the full time engine or not, this was installed before my time.  I've just tried to install "LabVIEW 2012 SP1 (32-bit) Run-Time Engine for Windows", but it said "cannot install" as a higher version is already installed.

The missing vi's are all related to mysql VI's from two libraries.  Included sql_open.vi, sql_close.vi, etc.

Yes, I'm using the Report Generation Toolkit.

I built just the executable, not an installer.  I've not tried to move the executable.  I'm trying to run the executable on the same machine that it's built on.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,104 Views)

It looks like Labview Run-Time versions 8.2.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 SP1, 2009 SP1 (64-bit), 2010 SP1, 2010 SP1 (64-bit), 2011 SP1 f2 are also installed.  Is it a bit too much?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,096 Views)

The Report Generation Toolkit actually dynamically loads in classes, so you have to force them to be in your executable.  You do this by adding the libraries from vi.lib to your project and then add them to the "always include" in the build spec of the executable.

I'm not sure about the mySQL as I have not used that library.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,090 Views)