From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable LabVIEW application which is using NI OPC 2012

Hi,

I'm developing an application using LabVIEW 2012 and NI OPC Server 2012. The developing machine and the destionation machine are different. I tried this steps to develop and deploy my application but the application is not working!

Step1- I developed my application using LabVIEW 2012 and I bounded my variables to OPC server using DataSocket(DSTP server).

Step2- I created my application .EXE using LabVIEW wizard.

Step3- I created my application Installer using LabVIEW wizard.(The default LabVIEW Run-time Engine is selected during wizard)

Step4- I tried the application .EXE on my deveolping machine, it works fine!

Step5- I installed NI OPC server on destination machine and transfered my OPC server configuration to the destination machine.

Step6- I Installed my application using the installer. The application runs but the connection of the variables to the OPC server is not working. (The Connection status LED beside my variable is red).

What else should I do to deploy an OPC based application?

Any help will be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,319 Views)

Does anybody have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,285 Views)

It's Sunday.  Your thread was still pretty high.  No need to bump.  Just be patient.

The two things I'd want to take a look at are the usage of the DSC Module and the network you're on.  Are you using the DSC Module on the development machine?  If so, you might be using functionality from that module and that could explain behavior you're seeing.

Do you have any error handling in the application that lets you see what's taking place beyond the red indicator?  Try making the executable with the debugging option on and see what you're getting. 

Is the deployment machine on the same network (subnet) as the development machine?  Are you able to talk to the OPC Server from that computer in ways that aren't your executable?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,276 Views)

Thanks natasftw. sorry I was not aware of the holidays and I'm in rush.

I've the DSC Module installed on my developing machine but as far as I know I didn't use any functionality of this toolkit. I'm just binding my variables using DataSockets to OPC server.

The deployment machine is not connected to any network. I've installed the OPC Server on it and copied the OPC Configuration project to it. The OPC server works fine on the deployment machine as I check the variables value and status through QuickView OPC Client.

I didn't use any debuging functionality on my app, that is a good idea to try, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,260 Views)

Hey labview-beginner,

Did you learn anything new after enabling debugging on your executable?

I agree with natasftw's first thought - the most likely reason for the executable not working is that you accidentally used some DSC-specific functionality in your application and you don't have the DSC run time engine installed on your deployment machine. Remote debugging your executable should help narrow this down if it is the case (although it will require the deployment machine to be on the network); stepping through the executable should help you figure out where things are going wrong.

Regards,

Ryan K.
Product Manager, ATCA and BEEcube
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,216 Views)

Hello!

Have you solved this problem? I have the same one.

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,879 Views)

Hello A.Salcedo

I installed the DSC runtime and that solved the problem, But because of some constraints I prefered to use C# for developing that project.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,870 Views)