LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable File Opens And Closes Immediately

Solved!
Go to solution

The Development PC contains LV2012, The Built Executable File Never Runs In The Developed PC but runs in other, I upgraded the Run Time Engine to 2014 yet The same problem remains.... As I couldn't uninstall the 2012 RunTime Engine(Not Shown In The Uninstall Option) I Changed The Name of The Folder "National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2012"

to  "National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2012asdas" just to fool the system ... But now when I try to run the application it says "Unable to locate Run Time Engine" "App requires a 2012 vesion(or compatible)"

So my question is

1.what is the use of installing higher version?

2.How do I Solve this problem?

And Please I Do not want to unistall the whole software and than reinstall it agian, I had asked the same question a while ago... but found no solution.... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,930 Views)
There is no point in installing a higher version. The version of the run-time must match the version you developed in. Reinstall the 2012 run, time.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,922 Views)

Well Reinstalling 2012 was a problem You see... I can't unistall 2012....(dunno why it is not shown in the unistaller menu) .... if I reInstall 2012 (with Other higher version removed) It still says Higher version already exists  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,917 Views)

If you installed the run-time engine as part of an installer (e.g. an installer with your application and the run-time engine included) then the run-time engine is seen as part of your application rather than as a seperate entry in add/remove programs. You may see an entry under 'National Instruments Software' under add/remove programs that may allow you to repair the runtime.

As for why your application doesn't run - does the executable file run correctly on the development machine? You might be missing some drivers on the target PC or it could be that you have some paths that don't exist causing your application to exit immediately.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,893 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author karthik9

Well I solved this problem...

What I did was I deleted the folder "..\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2012"

and than installed it again using "..\All Users\Application Data\National Instruments\MDF\ProductCache\NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2012 SP1 f4 [12.1.61.0]\LV2012runtime.msi"

It did the job of reinstalling properly (Even when u try to install fresh and it says "Higher Version Exists")

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,884 Views)