LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exe crashes

I have a fairly large Labview app that I have been working on for the last 6 weeks or so. When I build and run the application (a .exe not the installer) it appears to work fine initally on both the development system (Labview 8.20 on a XP machine w/ SP2) and the target machine (Labview RunTime on a XP machine w/ SP2). But when I let it run for an extended period of time (typically between 8 and 36 hours) it crashes. The end apps when released will be running on a factory floor and needs to run days without any problems.

I'm currently logging all errors that occur to a text file and I'm not reciveing any errors that will help me debug the problem.

By Crashing I mean I get the windows error message that says somthing about an error has occured while trying to test the build (I closed the error message without copying it down first). I have the error log file that was sent to Microsoft if thats is helpfull to anyone.

Has anyone seen something like this before... I need to release it by Thursday!!

Thanks for the help
Matt
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,462 Views)
Are you working with large arrays. You may have a memory leak (ie a continuosly growing array). Try enabling debugging and building the EXE with debugging enabled and see what happens. If you can post the code so that we can have a better look and know more about what we are dealing with.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,456 Views)

@Jhoskins wrote:
Are you working with large arrays. You may have a memory leak (ie a continuosly growing array). Try enabling debugging and building the EXE with debugging enabled and see what happens. If you can post the code so that we can have a better look and know more about what we are dealing with.

I can't post the source files, but I can tell you that I'm am doing a lot of data calculations and also collecting data from another sensor using Datasocket (page handling). So a memory leak is posible but unlikly because I try to pay close attion to potental problems like that. but none the less I will look around and see if I find something like that. thanks for the help and if you have any other ideas please don't hesistate to shoot them my way.

In this app. I'm using: Datasocket (Both the page method and binding controls to a OPC Server source) Report toolkit to write excel files and config files and thats about it... it's not very complicated just has allot of data and alot of calculations to perform

Thanks for the help

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,447 Views)