From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Exe Missing DAQmx subVIs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I built an installer for my .exe. I included:

1. NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 2012 SP1

2. NI-DAQmx Core Runtime 9.6.2

3. NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration Support 9.6.2

The computer I made the VI is a Windows XP machine. The computer I want to run the installer on is a freshly-installed Windows 7 machine. When I attempt to run the installer, I get the following error:

Missing subVI DAQmx Create Task.vi... missing subVI DAQmx Create Channel (TEDS-A1-Voltage-Basic).vi... Missing Timing (Sample Clock).vi... Missing Control Task.vi... Missing Clear Task.vi... Missing Stop Task.vi... Missing external function nilvaiu.*:DAQReadNChanNSamp1DWfm:C...

It looks like I'm missing DAQmx VI's, yet I included DAQmx in the installer.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,382 Views)

Does the EXE run on the development machine?

It sounds like you excluded too much in your build process. Please verify that by playing around with the exclusions (e.g. "remove unused members of libraries").

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,342 Views)

Norbert,

Thank you for your response. Yes, the .exe runs on the development machine. When you say that you think I "excluded too much during the build process", are you saying that I probably forgot to include some libraries under "additional installations"? I am not sure what you are suggesting when you say "remove unused members of libraries"?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,327 Views)

Your question puzzles me...

Why would an installer exe tell you about missing DAQmx-VIs? A exe file, create by the application builder, which is run without DAQmx installed probably will throw such errors, but IMHO not the installer. The installer should install DAQmx, LabVIEW runtime and finally your application.

Even more puzzling: Now the exe on your development system has these errors. I would assume that your development computer has DAQmx installed otherwise it is not possible that you use DAQmx-VIs in your development process inside LabVIEW.

Could you be more specific.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,317 Views)

Jens,

Allow me to clarify:

• The executable on the development system (Let's call it Computer A) runs fine.
  • I make an installer for the executable with Computer A. Then I bring the installer over to Computer B. The installation seems to be OK; I get no error message at this point.
  • I then attempt to open the executable on Computer B. At this point, I get an error message about missing DAQmx VI's. This is in spite of the fact that I included NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine, NI-DAQmx Core Runtime, and NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration Support.

Does this make sense?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,302 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rolfzed

I know these sound like a no-brainer questions but, did you run set-up.exe from <Directory>volume? Can you open MAX on the target machine?  If so what software components are listed?  Did you reboot to finish installation?

My 8-Ball is screaming that this is a simple error that will involve a <face palm> moment.Smiley Wink

Spoiler
I've had my share of them too.......Smiley Embarassed

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 6 of 10
(5,296 Views)

Yes, now your question makes sense to me.

But I'm sorry, I've no idea what went wrong. Your approach sounds fine.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,281 Views)

Smiley Embarassed Didn't restart. That's embarrassing. Thanks, everyone for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,273 Views)

I have the same problem, but in my case, I restarted.

The fact is that I have a  program with 9 sequencial vi's. the 8 first do not interact with the DAQ , the error apperas on the last vi.

So, a do not know what to do...

error.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,049 Views)

Hi Aitorplaza,

Given that this thread is nearing 4 years old, it would probably be best to create a new thread to post this question on for better visibility.

Regards,

Tyler C.
Technical Support Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,033 Views)