From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive lag in VI on Mac, but not Windows

I have created a VI that accepts user input to collect, save, and open voltage waveforms from a DAQmx board. It is a while loop and a state machine with a lot of information in it so I understand that efficiency might be an issue. This lag only exists, however, on a Mac, whether it is compiled into an application or run through LabVIEW. The VI on my Windows 8 machine has no issue handling 1000 samples, but when I run it on my MacBook, asking for 10 samples creates approximately a 20 second lag between data aquisition and data display, and a 30 second lag when asking for 100 samples, etc. This is the case for my Mac desktop as well. Could this be an issue with the way a Mac handles this information/memory, and are there any quick fixes to reduce this lag? Thank you for your input!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,105 Views)

It would be helpful if we could see a bit o' code.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,102 Views)
Are you using DAQmx on Windows and DAQmx base on the Mac? I would hope that you are using a hardware timed acquisition instead of requesting one point at a time.

Besides attaching the code, provide the model number of the daq card.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,092 Views)

Thank you for your replies. I just noticed that the delay disappears when the sample length is over 0.05 seconds, so I'll just make that the minimum for now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,076 Views)