LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excessive lag in VI on Mac, but not Windows

I have created a VI that accepts user input to collect, save, and open voltage waveforms from a DAQmx board. It is a while loop and a state machine with a lot of information in it so I understand that efficiency might be an issue. This lag only exists, however, on a Mac, whether it is compiled into an application or run through LabVIEW. The VI on my Windows 8 machine has no issue handling 1000 samples, but when I run it on my MacBook, asking for 10 samples creates approximately a 20 second lag between data aquisition and data display, and a 30 second lag when asking for 100 samples, etc. This is the case for my Mac desktop as well. Could this be an issue with the way a Mac handles this information/memory, and are there any quick fixes to reduce this lag? Thank you for your input!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,107 Views)

It would be helpful if we could see a bit o' code.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,104 Views)
Are you using DAQmx on Windows and DAQmx base on the Mac? I would hope that you are using a hardware timed acquisition instead of requesting one point at a time.

Besides attaching the code, provide the model number of the daq card.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,094 Views)

Thank you for your replies. I just noticed that the delay disappears when the sample length is over 0.05 seconds, so I'll just make that the minimum for now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,078 Views)