From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception occurred in DAO.Database, jetterr40.chm, context 5003183

This is the information I get from my error handler:

Problem Details:Exception occured in DAO.Database.  The query cannot be completed.
Either th esize of the query result is larger than the maximum size of the database (2 GB), or
there is not enoujgh temporary storage space on the disk to store the query result.  Help
path is jeterr40.chm, and context in Misc-AddNewRecordActiveX.vi->UUT
database.vi -> Test Executive.vi -> Process Cycle.vi

Microsoft Access has a hard limit of 2GB for a database.  The solution, to put off the inevitable a little longer, is to store tables that are continuously adding data in separate databases with one table each and then link to these tables in the main functional database. This delays the database reaching the 2GB limit until one of the individual tables grows that large, rather than all of the tables combined.

This is what I started with:

02/10/2016 04:54 PM 1,265,127,424   Static Inverter ATE DatabaseBackup20160210.accdb

This is the result after splitting out the four data tables, Header, LimitTest, Misc, and PassFail, where I am storing UUT results:

02/10/2016 09:21 PM 226,701,312     Static Inverter ATE Database.accdb

02/10/2016 09:04 PM 3,284,992       StaticInverterATEHeaderTable.accdb

02/10/2016 08:58 PM 380,571,648     StaticInverterATELimitTestTable.accdb

02/10/2016 09:00 PM 540,164,096     StaticInverterATEMiscTable.accdb

02/10/2016 09:00 PM 211,107,840     StaticInverterATEPassFailTable.accdb

Each of the StaticInverterATExxxTable databases contain only one table.  Static Inverter ATE Database.accdb contains only links to these tables.  Everything worked flawlessly during validation.

Unfortunately, after about 1.5 hours of production runtime on my Test Equipment, it appears that the Misc table grows large enough to cause Microsoft, ActiveX, and or Labview to choke.  This is a repeatable situation, like clockwork, every 1.5 hours of active testing.  For now, I have reverted to my original database and linked only the smallest table, Header, in an attempt to collect more data.  I have definitely made it past the 1.5 hour mark, so this is a size, not timing, issue.

I have attached a couple of the pertinent VIs in this chain.

This PC was new and setup less than a year ago with a clean install of  Windows 7, MSOffice 2007, and (unfortunately) Labview 8.6 and has 16 GB of memory.  Any clues experts?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,004 Views)

Just to confirm, you are saying that the Misc table is exceeding 2 GB after ~1.5, causing this crash, and are looking for a way around the 2 GB hard limit of Access databases?

Fortunately, you are not using LabVIEW 8.5... then you would also be contending with a 2 GB max RAM access size as well!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,955 Views)

I suppose that the MIsc table could be exceeding the 2GB limit.  However, 5 years of records and the database containing only the Misc table is only 522 MB.  Therefore, I am wondering if the database/table is not being opened and closed properly because I cannot see only 1.5 hours worth of records exceeding the 2 GB limit.  When the table is securely tucked in the main database, rather than linked to an external database, this error does not occur.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,940 Views)