LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excellent custom icon editor

ThSa,

Your new version works great. The text editing is exactly what I had in mind.

A few issues, when I click the button to generate the html, it writes the output into a text file? I have to save the file and then open it with my browser, is this what you had in mind? (I use firefox not IE, maybe this is the problem?)

Although this is being picky, do you think you could display the icons in the html in more of a grid format instead of a single column, that way I can look at all my predefined templates on the same page.

Good job!

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 52
(2,654 Views)
I've added another ini key to take influence on the number of cols in case of the style to be reported.
The default is 10.
The new version is uploaded already.

It's unexplainable for me why you need to save the html file because every path is hard coded and no user action is required. The html file and the pictures of the styles are stored in your temporary folder.
Look on the VI "HTMLReport.vi", there you can see the way it works.
I've tested it with IE, Firefox and Opera and all three worked as expected.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 52
(2,640 Views)
The workaround to use the icon editor in 8.2.0 entirely is to
a) Recreate the TL AND to
b1)Disable the VI "Stop Timed Structuve.vi" located in "SelectionCheat_UpdatePositionRestartTL.vi" OR
b2) Known Issues in 8.2.0  ID 42CHH33W (see workaround!)

Message Edited by ThSa on 03-07-2008 02:38 PM
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 52
(2,620 Views)
ThSa,

I think I know why the html did not open in my browser, somehow the OS association of .html got mixed up with my notepad application. Changing it back to my browser, and now your button works like it should!

Neil
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 52
(2,607 Views)
Hi Thomas,

I have just noticed that the 16 colors icon is not updated.
  1. Modify an icon with your editor and then press Submit.
  2. Reopen the editor and press Ctrl+. to return to the standard editor.
  3. Notice that only the B & W and 256 Colors icons are updated.
While speaking with an exhibitor at NI-DAYS 2008 in CH, I have learned about the history of your icon editor. It would be much appreciated if you added an additional tab to edit the description of the VI...

Have a nice day
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 52
(2,572 Views)
Thanks for reporting this.
The problem is related to the interface LabVIEW provides to work with a customized icon editor. For now, I don't really have a solution for it and I guess, this needs a while to get fixed.
Concerning the documentation of a VI I already searching for a simple and official way to implement it.

I'm quiet interested to know what the attendee of the NI Days told about the history?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 52
(2,549 Views)
Hi Thomas,

This is what I was told about the history :

ThSa von NI war letztes Jahr in unserem jährlichem LabVIEW-Camp, hat unseren IconEditor gesehen und war damals beeindruckt. Da wir den Code nicht offenlegen, hat er seinen IconEditor selber (nach-)programmiert, sagt jedoch selber, dass ihn unser IconMaker inspiriert hat.

Since many years, I have expected NI to ship a more advanced icon editor. I'm very grateful for your - open source and english - version, and hope that it will make this wish become true in a near future.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 52
(2,540 Views)
Aaaah Zuehlke 🙂 That's right, I've seen their icon maker in year 2005 the first time at the VIP, I guess. I was very impressed that someone can do this. Last year I spend some time at a lodge with them and in these two days I got an insight in their philosophy and habits, awesome.
A few month later I was bored on a weekend and version 1.0 was born...

That's the whole story...

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 52
(2,527 Views)
Wish you some other boring weekends... LOL
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 52
(2,512 Views)
ThSa,

A little bug I have noticed with your most recent version of the icon editor, or perhaps a deliberate behaviour change?. When you click the disk icon to save a template, it does not show up as saved (in older version you put some little asterix on the disk, which although confusing at first was helpful once I understood what it was doing). It is still saving the template, just not displaying the saved indicator.

Is this a bug or a feature? Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 52
(2,440 Views)