LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel

Solved!
Go to solution

I.m writing data to a excel .xlsx file after which I want to write protect the file is there a way to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,338 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Joe_H

How are you generating the Excel file? You can use the "Set permissions" file primitive in Advanced file functions to do what you want.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,334 Views)

P@Anand wrote:

How are you generating the Excel file? You can use the "Set permissions" file primitive in Advanced file functions to do what you want.

Have you ever had success with that? I find on current Windows technology that this function isn't very effective.

If the OP wants to set the Excel Protect Content flag to stop editing of the contained data, then there's nothing in the Report Generation Toolkit for this (as far as I know). But you could probably work it out from some study of the COM interface to Office and a little bit of work.

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,328 Views)

@Thoric wrote:

P@Anand wrote:

Have you ever had success with that? I find on current Windows technology that this function isn't very effective.

To be honest I never used it in any of my application Smiley Wink. Once I saw the question I went to help and made sure that it can be used to set the file permissions (Read, write, ful control)

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,322 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply the set Permissions vi worked

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,309 Views)

Then please mark P@Anand's message as the solution to your question rather than your own thank you message.  You will first need to unmark your message as the solution by going to the Options menu to the upper right of your message.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,297 Views)

P@Anand wrote:

@Thoric wrote:

P@Anand wrote:

To be honest I never used it in any of my application Smiley Wink. Once I saw the question I went to help and made sure that it can be used to set the file permissions (Read, write, ful control)

I think maybe the read/write permission part works, but it's also supposed to work on other attributes which don't work at all. Anyway, glad it works for the OP Smiley Happy

Thoric (CLA, CLED, CTD and LabVIEW Champion)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,254 Views)

Hi everyone,

i want to ask you how can i convert data and xy-graph into excel sheet?

Thanks

ps.: is something wrong with my programm? because nothing is in the graph (no plots)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,008 Views)

Dear BC2010,

This question (or variants on it) have been asked and answered many times on this forum, and in the LabVIEW Examples.

If you want to ask a new question, don't tag it on to the end of someone else's query, but start your own.  Even better, do a little research (you can often find answers by using Google) and try to develop code (that you post) yourself.  Note that if you do post code, you need to post running code, which means either post the VI itself or a Snippet (and if you don't know what a Snippet is, find out!).

Bob Schor

Message 9 of 10
(3,000 Views)

Hello BC2010:

In this link you can find several ways to do what you are asking.

http://www.ni.com/newsletter/51339/en/

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,951 Views)